This quick and easy banana muffin recipe made with 2 bananas, cinnamon and oil is moist and delicious. Only one bowl required, no mixer needed and only 10 minutes prep! Perfect for breakfast.
2 banana muffin recipe
A banana muffin recipe with only 2 bananas may not sound ideal because the more bananas the better right? Wrong! You can still make perfectly moist banana muffins with just two bananas.
I’ve done it many (many, many, many) times and now I’m sharing this simple and easy recipe with you!
It’s one of the best ways to use up those lingering overripe bananas.
Foolproof Banana Muffins
This recipe never lets me down. It’s pretty much perfect every time I make it and I’ve made it so many times over the years that I’ve got it memorized.
It’s a one bowl banana muffin recipe that requires no mixer, takes only 10 minutes prep, and you can’t mess this up because it’s a foolproof recipe!
The ingredients are really simple and I’m sure you probably already have most, if not all of them on hand.
These babies are made with oil and they are completely dairy-free (no butter and no milk).
There’s just a touch of cinnamon. You can add more or omit it completely depending on your personal preference. I absolutely love cinnamon so it’s never an option for me to leave it out.
These muffins are just awesome for when you want great, classic taste without having to do a lot of work to get it and also with the simplest ingredients.
Many banana muffin recipes turn out to be banana cupcakes but these have the texture of a muffin. Rounded tops, thick crumbs, hearty and not overly sweet; just the way muffins should be.
They’re slightly crisp on the outside, thanks to the granulated sugar, and they’re soft and fluffy on the inside. I’m a brown sugar muffin kind of girl but granulated sugar works so well in these. Sometimes I substitute some of the white sugar with brown sugar and that works out great too.
I like to make these for breakfast the night before. And if I’m in a hurry I just take them on the go.
Homemade muffins are the best! And this moist banana muffin recipe is a keeper.
In my household bananas are a staple. Whenever I go to the grocery store I always pick up a bunch or two. I buy so many bananas sometimes but surprisingly they never end up in the freezer or the garbage. They always end up in bellies and it’s recipes like this one that make me keep going back for more.
It may be typical but this will always be one of my go-to ripe banana recipes.
Banana Muffin Variations
- Coffee Cake Banana Muffins
- Cake Mix Banana Muffins
- Double Chocolate Banana Brownie Muffins
- Mini Blueberry Banana Muffins
If you absolutely love recipes with overripe bananas like I do, check out my whole banana recipe archive. It’s filled with plenty of baking recipes just like this one.
Making an actual batch of twelve banana muffins with 2 bananas is more than doable!
Banana Muffin Recipe for 2 Bananas
Click the stars to rate!
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (187g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line muffin pan with muffin liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine bananas, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Beat in the oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour and baking soda, and gently mix until combined. Do not overmix.
- Scoop batter into the muffin pan distributing it evenly between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 - 19 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes then remove to cool completely.
© Beat Bake Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without written consent from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.