These healthy banana muffins are made with whole wheat flour, no refined sugar, and are dairy-free! Read on to find out how to make these sugar free banana muffins that are perfect for a low calorie and low fat breakfast or snack.
Naturally Sweetened Banana Muffins
This recipe calls for all natural liquid sweetener; honey or maple syrup. It doesn’t matter which one you choose to use but I will say that the flavor the maple syrup gives is amazing!
Health fact: Honey has more calories than maple syrup.
I adapted this recipe from my Healthy Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins. I swapped the Greek yogurt for oil, increased the baking powder to 1 teaspoon, omitted the chocolate chips, and lowered the baking temperature because the original temperature was just a tad bit too high.
The muffins came out perfect; soft, moist, and flavorful!
I’m so happy to report that even kids and toddlers love these muffins which make them kid-friendly! They’re great for breakfast or snack and they’re the perfect healthy “treat” for the lunchbox too.
Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
These skinny banana muffins are made with 100% whole wheat flour which means that they contain much more fiber than their white flour counterparts, are healthier, more nutritious, and will keep you fuller longer.
Whole wheat muffins are always the better option.
Healthy Banana Muffins with 3 Bananas
The bananas in this recipe provide moisture, sweetness, flavor, and gives the muffins a pleasantly soft texture. Make sure the bananas that you use are at least freckled because the riper they are the sweeter they’ll be.
Health Benefits of Bananas:
- High in water content
- Low in fat and low in calories
- High in fiber
- Rich in Vitamin B6 (plays a key role in metabolism and brain function)
- Aids in weight loss
- High in potassium (helps to lower blood pressure)
- Good source of Vitamin C
You can find the nutrition facts label at the bottom of the recipe.
Easy Healthy Banana Muffin Recipe
This is a one-bowl recipe that calls for simple ingredients, requires only 10 minutes prep, and can be made entirely without a mixer.
These healthy banana muffins taste great plain but feel free to add chocolate chips, blueberries, or nuts.
The most popular healthy muffin recipe on Beat Bake Eat: Healthy Banana Applesauce Muffins. This recipe has rave reviews and kids love this one too.
These healthy banana muffins are made with whole wheat flour, no refined sugar, and are dairy-free! They're perfect for a low calorie and low fat breakfast or snack.
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin pan with muffin liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine bananas, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the honey/maple syrup.
- Beat in the oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and gently mix until combined. Do not over mix.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan distributing it evenly between the cups.
- Bake for 18 – 19 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes then remove.
© Beat Bake Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without written consent from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.