Here’s a simple and easy recipe for moist pumpkin muffins in mini form that kids (and adults) absolutely love! It all comes together in one bowl, no mixer required, and ready in less than 25 minutes. These low calorie, dairy-free mini muffins make for a fun Fall breakfast or snack.
I love pumpkin muffins! These little beauties are the bite-sized version and I can’t get enough of them. There’s just something about mini food that makes them so enticing. They’re so cute and poppable and fun to eat.
These muffins are the perfect size for the lunchbox. They’re not exactly a dessert, but to kids they do taste like a treat. They’re also great for toddlers to munch on throughout the day which is really good because they’re always hungry. It’s not even funny.
Easy Mini Pumpkin Muffins
Not only is this recipe quick, it’s simple and straightforward too and it requires very little effort to make from scratch. It calls for basic ingredients and only takes about 10 minutes to prepare.
This recipe is so easy that the kids can help without it being a complete disaster and they are so fun to make!
Another plus is that the muffins bake really quickly too so if you do have little helpers they won’t be waiting forever before they can have a taste.
This recipe is really easy to make and only takes about 10 minutes. You don’t even need a mixer for it. I always make it by hand using a spoon.
The Ingredients You’ll Need
Feel free to add chocolate chips or nuts!
- White and and brown sugar. The brown sugar adds flavor and moisture. I always use dark brown.
- Baking powder for leavening.
- Salt and vanilla extract for flavor.
- Spices or pumpkin pie spice. This recipe calls for individual spices but you can replace them with pumpkin spice.
- Canned pumpkin puree. Make sure that it is 100% pure pumpkin and not pie filling.
- Vegetable oil for moisture and tenderness.
- One egg to bind everything together and for added moisture.
- All-purpose flour for structure.
These muffins are perfectly sweetened! I love how the white sugar gives them a slightly crisp exterior and the brown sugar complements the pumpkin and all of the spices.
Also, the pumpkin flavor is just right. I love that it’s not drowned out by the other ingredients.
And since there is no milk and no butter in this recipe, it is completely dairy-free.
How to tell when the muffins are done
The centers should be fully baked and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean or with a few crumbs stuck to it. There should be no wet batter!
Storage & Freezing
Store the muffins in an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag. They’ll last for 2 – 3 days at room temperature and 5 – 6 days in the fridge.
To freeze, place fully cooled muffins in a freezer bag, remove as much air as possible, seal and freeze. They should last for 2 – 3 months at best quality.
More Mini Muffin Recipes You’ll Love!
Mini Applesauce Muffins
Also dairy-free and super easy to make.
Mini Blueberry Banana Muffins
This is one of my most popular recipes!
Mini Cinnamon Sugar Sour Cream Donut Muffins
These are highly addictive. You have been warned.
Follow Beat Bake Eat
for more easy baking recipes!
PINTEREST | FACEBOOK
INSTAGRAM | TWITTER
Mini Pumpkin Muffins
Click the stars to rate!
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray, or lightly grease with oil, or line with mini muffin liners and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine both sugars, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Add the pumpkin and oil and mix well.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and mix until fully incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Scoop the batter into the pan distributing it evenly among the cups.
- Bake for 11 – 12 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes then remove.
© Beat Bake Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without written consent from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.