These soft, chewy, slightly crispy cookies are studded with white chocolate chips and decorated with sprinkles. Perfect for birthday parties or anytime you feel like celebrating!
Birthday Party Cookies
I love sprinkle cookies and any recipe with sprinkles. They make everything so pretty and every time I have them I feel like a little girl again.
These birthday cookies have the perfect amount of white chocolate chips and sprinkles. They’re not overly sweet and there’s just enough of each in every bite.
The cookie dough for this recipe spreads a lot so the cookies are flatter than average and they are mostly chewy. I love chewy cookies so to me, they are perfect.
They’re also very soft and a little gooey in the center, so buttery, and slightly crisp around the edges.
How to tell when the Cookies are done baking
As with most cookies, these ones are easily over baked.
They are baked at a slightly lower temperature than usual; 325 degrees Fahrenheit, which helps to create that soft, chewy, crispy texture.
The cookies are done when they are light brown and the very edges are set. Besides the edges the rest of the cookie will still be really soft under baked but that’s exactly how they should be because the minute that these cookies hit air they begin to sink and firm up at a very rapid rate.
As the cookies are cooling, the residual heat from the hot baking sheet is just enough to continue “baking” them without completely drying them out and ruining the texture of them so it works out perfectly!
Taking them out while they’re still under baked ensures that they don’t turn out to be hard or brittle after they have fully cooled.
For a real treat, have them while they’re still warm. When warm, the white chocolate chips are gooey and creamy and they mimic frosting. Plus, there’s nothing quite like warm homemade cookies.
Birthday cake cookies are fun cookies to make on birthdays or anytime of the year! You don’t have to wait for a reason to celebrate. Just do!
I love making cookies from scratch and I love having them for dessert. They definitely satisfy that sweet tooth. And this recipe has been added to my list of birthday baking ideas (only a baking addict would have such a list). And of course, cookies with sprinkles are at the very top!
More Cookie Recipes
- Best Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Toffee Bit Cookies
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy Birthday Cake Cookies
Click the stars to rate!
- 1/2 cup (1 sticsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325°Line baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, both sugars, and salt until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix until dough is formed. Fold in the white chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Form 2-tablespoon sized balls of dough and place onto the baking sheet, spaced evenly apart (8 per sheet).
- Bake for 9 - 10 minutes until very light brown and the edges are set. Do not over bake!
- Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes then remove to cool completely or enjoy while warm.
- Store cookies in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag after they are fully cooled to prevent them from hardening or drying out.
© Beat Bake Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without written consent from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.